Sunday 26 June 2011

Hedda Gabler and Vintage Postcards

Having studied a play called Hedda Gabler in my As level English (well worth reading, fantastic play) I was inspired by the stage version we went to see. This is a pencil drawing I did of Rosamund Pike, as Hedda Gabler, 2010. It now hangs in my English department at college (Haywards Heath, Central Sussex College), yay for home made presents!

Didn't leave it at this though...




I'm also a big fan of the vintage postcard, mostly because I am a slave to craft blog fashion, so I made a vintage postcard cushion for my wonderful drama teacher, loved doing this, and had to hand embroider it because my wonderful sister, took her sewing machine back to Bristol, so all hand made work at the moment until I can afford to buy my own. This was based on a real postcard, well two actually, from the war, love old things.

This was inspired by a very simple design, I did a couple of years ago.


I did this on the sewing machine, but I've also been doing some hand stitching, with the sewing machine hundreds of miles away. These are a few little pictures I did, I also did an old fashioned telephone which I made into a phone sock thing for my friend Emma, went down well I think, sorry no photo. 



No comments:

Post a Comment