Wednesday 13 July 2011

Hand painted signs

As I was looking for great shop fronts, to aid us with designing our Launderette, I came across a sign writer based in Singleton who was running workshops, sounded like fun I thought. Sadly his workshop for August was fully booked, which would have been ideal. Nonetheless he said I could pop round for a visit to his workshop. I wanted a go at sign writing, and I wasn't giving up that easily. So yesterday I made a makeshift Mahl stick (from a bouncy ball and piece of doweling) and today gave it a go, I was reasonably pleased for a first attempt, although admittedly it did take me near on 5 hours to write the word "JUMBLE."



What looks white in these photos, is actually gold and looks quite pretty when it catches the light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment