Wednesday 13 July 2011

Peg painting

My Sisters are setting up a launderette in Bristol and so peg decoration has sort of become an ongoing project. When I looked online for inspiration, as I so often do, I found a few examples, but few done really well, and they can be really beautiful, so get on it folks. I used acrylic paint and a very fine brush. Depending on the design your going for it can be a fiddly job, and will test your patience, worth it though. Here is one design I gave away as a gift to a friend. 

When they are packaged up nicely (in a plastic card-making self-sealing bad) they make a great present, along with some home made biscuits in a glass jar, I think she was pleased. I kept them evenly spaced by pegging them to an old map that I hope I'll never need! 


Another theme I went for was iconic logos and packaging, have always loved all things packaging, so that inspired these pegs, again I gave these as a present, this time to my sister for the launderette! 
It made for a fun game to having them guess all the brands, I was pleased they managed to guess them all, some are more obscure than others...

No comments:

Post a Comment